Estonia – digital leader of Europe will make Africa digital leader of the World
Within the last 20 years, Estonia has built a world leading digital society. Estonian ICT Cluster has started an initiative to support African countries in the whole process of building a working digital society and growing a profitable business.
Building e-Estonia as one of the most advanced e-societies in the world has involved continuous experimentation and learning from our mistakes. That is why we are ready to lead by example and believe that we can help African countries to become a safe e-state with automatic e-services available 24/7.
e-Governance education workshop video (May 2019)
We have experience in setting up an e-Government that works on a large scale
Our participants in our initiatives benefit from the end-to-end approach by:
- getting political and legal drafting consultation;
- receiving change management support;
- getting help with capacity building;
- technology implementation.
Some examples of projects implemented by Estonian ICT Cluster in Africa
Implementation of e-governance technologies in following countries:
- Kenya – mobile mapping and digital cartography building
- Tanzania – e-Justice solution development
- Nigeria – federal budget and human resources systems for the Government of Nigeria (in 2014 alone cost saving for the government 2.5 billion USD).
- Botswana – tax management and collection system
- Benin, Namibia, Tunisia – governmental interoperability framework and secure data exchange platform
- Cote d’Ivoire – piloting of education information system project
- February 2021 – a practical educational workshop on e-Governance solutions for dissemination of best practices for Micro-, Small and Medium-sized enterprises in Algeria.
- January 2021 – a virtual training workshop on Digital Identity System for EAS Partner States.
- August 2020 – signing of Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in information and communications technology between East African Science and Technology Commission (EASTECO) and Republic of Estonia.
- July 2020 – a practical workshop series on Digital Economy Policies and Plans Development.
- June 2020 – the demo environment of the Estonian e-Governance solutions was created.
- January 2020 – e-Governance workshop for the delegation of the National Assembly of Botswana.
- November 2019 – e-Governance workshop for the delegation of the Office of the Prime Minister.
- October 2019 – Participation at the 3rd Tanzania Annual ICT Conference, sharing expertise and know-how on several e-Governance topics.
- October 2019 – Workshop for the delegation of the Senate of Kenya
- September 2019 – Participation at Union for the Mediterranean Conference on Digital Transformation and Digital Skills for the Future in Tallinn.
- May 2019 – participation in Transform Africa 2019. Estonian ICT Cluster presented e-governance competences (listen the radio-show, TV-news).
- May 2019 – „E-governance Educational workshop“ in Cote d’Ivoire in partnership with African Union. The main aim of the workshop was to raise participants’ awareness about governmental interoperability processes and give practical experiences, skills how to build secure digital solutions in their countries.
- January 2019 (continuing) – project “Supporting implementation of e-governance technologies in African countries”. In the framework of the project country-based workshops and analyses projects are organized in order to boost the digitalization in African countries;
- May 2018 – participation in Transform Africa 2018. Estonian ICT Cluster presented e-governance competences during Transform Africa 2018.
We help countries and organizations achieve world-class digital societies.